Opportunity for youths to add their voice and effectively participate at all levels of governance of a vibrant youth-led organization Simukaupenye which focuses on empowering children and youths through sport and arts to effectively participate and contribute toward sustainable development in Zimbabwe.
Join an ambitious and goal oriented team of Board Members to drive the vision of the organisation and get opportunities to exercise your potential and gain experience while making a difference. We are seeking suitably qualified and vibrant young people (male and female) to fill the position of Youth Representatives in the SIYA Board for a 2-year term effective immediately. Priority shall be given to SIYA beneficiaries and experienced young people that have been working in the youth programming sector. Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25yrs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing the perspective of children and youths to the Board of Trustees and assist in the development of youth and child centered programs and policies
- Engaging in open and honest discussions, questioning issues in a constructive manner and accepting differences of opinion within the board.
- Sharing knowledge and personal experiences that will benefit the Board in its collaborative decision making.
- Promote evidence based programing by bring factual and evidence based issues from young people to the Board
- Occasionally participating in various organizational and Board public relations activities.
- Leading the Youth Advisory Committee
- Conforming with the Oath of Office and Confidentiality Agreement.
To apply, send your Letter of Interest, CV and one Recommendation letter from an individual and institution that have known you for at least 2 yrs to firstname.lastname@example.org , for more information contact our office on +263773844845
You can submit your application in person at our offices, Shamva: DAC Office Wadzanai Clinic and Masvingo: 9 Hughes Methodist Complex Office Number 4